The NEBOSH National General Certificate course is one of the UK’s most popular health and safety qualifications. Offering a valuable overview of the core aspects of occupational health and safety, the course provides an excellent platform for individuals who are looking to build upon their knowledge and skills and take their career forward.
Designed for managers, supervisors and employees who have health and safety responsibilities, the certificate will equip you with all you need to know about how to manage workplace risks effectively.
Alternatively, if E-Learning isn’t suitable, this course is also available as a classroom course. Please call us on 0345 500 8811 to discuss further.
This course takes place over an 11 day period, plus exams.
Unit 1 – NGC - Management of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
Unit 2 – GC2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Element 1 – Workplace Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 2 – Transport Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 3 – Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 4 – Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 5 – Electrical Safety
- Element 6 – Fire Safety
- Element 7 – Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 8 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
Exams and Certification
Candidates are assessed with two written and one practical examination. Candidates need to pass all three units within a five-year period. A unit certificate is issued denoting successful achievement of each unit. A certificate award parchment is issued on completion of the three units.
We provide frequent exams at multiple locations in England, UK and South Africa. For students in other countries, it may be possible to sit exams at a British Council Office. Please see the exam page for further information and prices.