A quick summary of design elements and features:
Types and Classes
- Striking contemporary design
- A lightweight Polypropylene shell
- Four head hugging suspensions
- Vented and non vented versions
- Non conductive and general duty models
- Suspension hangers hidden in the design
- Rain trough for water disbursement
- Contour at ears to accommodate hearing protection
- Design for accessories: 30 mm accessory slot
- Complies with ANSI Z89.1-2009
Tectra is a Type I helmet, meaning that it is designed to provide protection from impacts to the top of the head. There are three classes of helmets: Class E (electrical) is rated 20,000 Volts, Class G (general) is tested to 2,200 Volts, and Class C (conductive) are not intended to provide protection against electrical hazards.
The Tectra helmet complies with ANSI Z89.1-2009 requirements for a Type I helmet. The non vented version complies with Class E, G and C, and the vented version complies with Class C. Certification to CE EN 397 is pending.
Designed for accessories
The Tectra helmet is designed to work with accessories and comes with standard 30 mm slots. It works with Elvex hearing protection and face protection, as well as with many competitive hearing protectors. Use any of our four cap mount muff models, with suffix 29 or 30, such as HM-6029 or HM-6030. Use visor bracket model VB-30, in combination with any of 20 different face shields and wire mesh visors.
Tectra helmet is available in the following colors: white, yellow, orange, red, blue and silver graphite. Vented version will initially be available only in white and orange color.